Friday, December 17, 2010

Craftmas- Finished : Sushi Scarf

Well, remember when I said I would post progress everyday of Craftmas?

I lied. I'm oh so very lucky if I can get everything I wanted to make people actually DONE before Christmas...
I swear, I had every intention of posting every day. Except finals happened, and so did a dead camera battery...

Anywho, back to Craftmas! I finished the sushi scarf! I really hope my friend will LOVE it as it took me WAY longer than I expected to complete it. There's a lot of individual crocheting and then sewing everything together and hiding ends of yarn in everything...well, let's just say I'm glad I'm done.

PICTURE TIME!
This is the whole thing! I left a few pieces off since I was tired of sewing (and losing maki pieces didn't help either) and I actually got so into the project that I didn't pay attention to how the book said to assemble it, so the fish ones would have looked wonky. I just left off with shrimp, because shrimp is always a good stopping point.

Two closeups of some of the helpings of sushi...

I also got super excited because I purchased some crochet labels to sew on the back of my projects as a label . I hand stitched my name on the label, and I'm really happy with the way it looks. Very close to my actual handwriting if I do say so myself :)
I can't wait to give it to my friend! I know she'll love it and I can't wait to see her wear it around :D

No comments:

Post a Comment